Headshot Photography for actors, singers, entertainers, dancers and models.
Welcome to my actors headshots area.
My photography services cover headshots for actors; singers; musicians; presenters; dancers and theatrical schools. Children’s theatrical photography or children’s headshots is also an area I cover, I have a current CRB certificate you can view upon request.
Why are good headshots important:
Your actors headshot is one of the most important assets you have as a performer, whether you’re a professional actor; singer; dancer or presenter. Most agents and agencies such as Spotlight and Casting call pro will require you to have a professional headshot or portfolio before they will accept you onto their books. These images are your calling card, it’s the opportunity you have to make that all important first impression to a casting director, who may have a mountain of photography to search through. Having a strong headshot photograph is one of the keys to marketing yourself effectively in a very competitive industry. Standing out from the crowd, grabbing and keeping the attention of a casting director is key to getting your foot in the door for that all important audition. Your photography portfolio is one of the most important investment you will make, having good quality current headshots can be the difference between being invited for an audition or not.
Actors headshots session:
Headshots photography sessions usually last approximately 90 minutes but can be up to 2 hours. This should give enough time for changes of tops; adjusting makeup and your hair, so bring along a few changes of tops to create a fresh look. I recommend you have an alcohol free day before you attend and have an early nights sleep. keep any makeup to a minimum and subtle, a casting director wants to see you and your character as you are, not your favourite shade of eye shadow or lipstick, so keeping it simple makes sense.
2015 Pricing : £125.00 (children under 16 £85.00) Your session includes.
- up to 90 minute session in my studio.
- 40-60 images for you to select from.
- 6 high resolution images retouched and supplied via a download to your computer system.
- All your images in colour and black and white.
- A private online proofing gallery.
All the high resolution files supplied to you are formatted to 10″x 8″ and allow you to have them printed at any high street outlet offering print services, although you may wish to take advantage of our professional print services.
A few things to consider:
- How should I dress?
- Keep it plain and simple, avoid anything too fussy; strong patterns; polar necks; hats; scarves; necklaces in fact anything that can distract the eye from you. Ladies please don’t bring along too many strappy tops as your shots will all look the same remember this is a headshot and all you’ll see of your top is the straps. Think about how your neckline will look. It’s you a casting director wants to see not your new top.
- What about makeup?
- Again keep it simple keeping it subtle is better than too much, you don’t need to put on extra for the shoot.
- Do you remove any spots?
- Included in the session are 8 retouched images which includes removal of any blemishes you may have on the day. Apart form any obvious blemishes I work on your images in subtle ways so you look like you at your best. Although I do not remove birthmarks; moles; lines and wrinkles, we all have them and these are part of your character, you should be comfortable with who you are, as it’s you and your character a casting director wants to see.
- How many images do I get?
- From the shoot there are approximately 40-60 images all of which you could use, these are uploaded to your private online gallery (a link can be e-mail to your agent if you require) from which you select 6 images to be retouched. These are formatted to 10″x8″ supplied in colour and black and white as high resolution files ready for use in your portfolio and printing. You also receive the images formatted for internet and e-mail use.
- When will I receive my Pictures?
- Once you have selected your images they will be retouched and available for download within 5 – 7 working days.